It's been a month since I wrote, but I'm not going to even try to go over the events of the past month. If there were any. Honestly, my memory is so poor that I really don't remember anything significant at the moment. Thanks for the genes mom!

This week it is! It's been hot. Real hot. Real,
real hot, as Ben would say.

As I type this, I cower in fear that the noise of the keyboard will awaken my son. The AC isn't on because it rained this morning and was cool for a while. That while has ended. The doors and windows are now all open (hence the cowering in fear, his door is open too), all fans are on and the sweat just keeps on a comin.

I played a volleyball tournament Saturday (which wasn't quite as hot luckily), 4's on the grass. 20 teams, 8 of which were quite good. We, along with everyone else, actually didn't think we had much of a chance. Just for kicks, we proved ourselves wrong and won it anyway. It was quite fun.

The heat has increased significantly since then, which wouldn't be a horrible thing if the pool was open. Instead, we went to my parents house and ran around naked while being sprayed by the hose. In this case "we" means Ben. I did, however, sit down in the ice cold kiddie pool and it was magnificent. Ben had a blast running around naked and getting sprayed with the hose. If we didn't eat or sleep and had stayed there another 2 hours I think he wouldn't have noticed.

This transitions nicely into Ben's other leisure activity as of late: taking his pants off. Several Calvin and Hobbes strips depict Calvin doing the same thing, so I'm assuming this is something other kids, probably boys, do.
The first time he did it, he had been trying to do it in privacy all day, but I kept walking over and asking him what he was doing. He'd say, "Go away Daddy!" So I did.

I decided to make lunch and see what would happen. That's when he walked into the kitchen with no pants and no diaper on and a one handed vice grip on his penis and testicles. I told him that big boys don't take their pants off and that if he wanted to run away and take them off I would put him in the playpen near me while I worked. This seemed to work as a deterrent without outright saying no. Apparently he was ok with walking around half naked, but the
act of taking his pants and diaper off was a very private thing.
1 comment:
Ben is ALL boy and a cute one at that! Incredibly sweet and smart as well. Someday, he'll keep his pants on :)
Post a Comment