
Almost 7 months and not walking yet, but he's still quite the daredevil! I guess 9 is reasonable, but looking at the way he uses the couch and the "coffee table" (seen in the background of the first picture) to walk over to, and chew on, my guitar, gives me hope that he still might make it in 8!
So, have I mentioned that life is rough when one of you is a doctor following around a very busy attending? I was telling a friend after volleyball that I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it out for a bit after the game and they asked, why? I described my day and evening and my wife's as well so they would understand how little time we have and a friend who also had kids said, well it's not that bad when you have kids. I'm guessing he's right, but only in a "normal" world.


Beth is quite a hard worker, thank goodness, so she has to somehow manage working 10-12 hours a day, coming home and studying for conference/end of rotation exam/physics, finding time to hang out with Ben and finding time to eat dinner and hang out with me. Luckily she has no hobbies, hates free time and can't stand to relax. (If you didn't catch it, that was dripping with sarcasm)

This schedule leaves me with far less free time than I was used to pre-marriage, but far more free time than my hard working wife (Ben's naps, early bedtimes and the grandparents babysitting allow me some breaks). Nevertheless, you can't just ditch your spouse when they are workin' so hard! Well, if you like being married to them at any rate.

Not that any of this is cause for pity in any way. Life is different for everyone and I'm sure the lack of time to do stuff now will balance out in the future when Beth's an attending and has some more leeway. In the meantime, we enjoy short walks in the neighborhood (with Ben in the Bjorn), eating in (good food, like sushi and barbecue pizza with jalapenos while Ben is in the jumparoo) and watching T.V. on DVD as we fall asleep (Scrubs, The Office, Friends, Seinfeld and Flight of the Conchords mainly, while Ben is sleeping). And I get plenty of game time and workout time, so no problems there at any rate!
1 comment:
CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! Ben you are so adorable (and mom's quite a looker too) Sorry dad, I can't comment on your looks - you only have two pictures up, both showing the back of your head. :)
Love mom/grandma A
Post a Comment