Monday, August 30, 2010

Captain's Log, Star Date: 08302010

Though I hardly feel like we're breaking into somewhere no man has gone before, I thought the title a fitting tribute to Kelly, my aunt (and along with my uncle John, an avid trekkie), who challenged me to writing every day while in France.

We made it!

Ben was very good on the plane...with one small exception. He woke up and starting screaming and crying hysterically in the middle of the "sleep" time.

Beth didn't sleep on the plane, or if she did, it was short lived. I didn't sleep on the plane. And Ben did, but only about 4 hours total, if that. He and Beth are napping as I type this.

I'd nap with them, but I want us to beat the jetlag, so I'll get everyone up at 4:30 or 5 for dinner.

It's hard to write at this time cause I'm so tired, but I will say that my observations of the city will be tainted by the fact that I've never lived in or near any big city, so I don't really know how to compare.

Our apartment is huge though, so that's good. And it's in the middle of the shopping area, so that's good too.

I'll have more details tomorrow most likely.

till then, live long and prosper.

josh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! So happy you made it safely! I was also happy that Ben slept about 4 hrs on the plane; although I have to admit that my first reaction to reading about him crying hysterically during the middle of "sleep" time was laughter (I envisioned it :) Looking forward to daily entries. I looked at the blog yesterday night and was missing Ben (and you & Beth of you) already! xxx Mom A

Bridget E. said...

I watched Back to the Future on Friday night and heard the line "I am Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan," which has nothing to do with you living in France other than the fact that you mentioned Star Trek.
Bonne chance mon frere et ta familie!

gracie's owner said...

MERCI, MERCI, MERCI

I love the caption! You are the best. Thanks, Josh.

Welcome to a place you have never gone before!

Movie quote of the day ... " Just remember that someone very far away is thinking of you."
hint: the speaker was moving to Paris for a year.

Kelly and all