Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Countdown to Crêpes


So,apparently, I didn't post or take videos all summer long. However, the good new is, the world will not end. Not because of that at any rate.

You know all the stuff you have to do when you move? You know all the stuff you have to do when you travel to another country? You know all the stuff you have to do when you have a 2.5 year old? You know all the stuff you have to do when you're a doctor? (Neither do I, but it looks like a lot of stuff when I watch House...)

Mush all that together and that's what we've been doing the past couple weeks.

We went up to Wisconsin Rapids with Beth (she's had to go 2 days a week most of july and august in order to cover another absent doctor) in order to provide moral support in closer proximity. It was a peek. A peek into the first week of Paris at any rate.

The first couple weeks in France may be rough. There ought to be more to do than in Wisconsin Rapids, and I'm sure there is, but it's worrisome nonetheless. Beth got me a book on things to do with kids while in Paris, so that should help I hope.

By the way, if you're looking to rent an apartment in France for 4 months, I hope you have a spare arm and a leg. But while I'm typing this, I can tell you that I'm very much looking forward to the "furnished" part of the furnished apartment. It's only been 4 days since we moved all the furniture out and sitting Indian style in front of my computer is already tearing my body apart. Poor kindergartners!!

As far as contacting us in France goes, email will work just fine, and we may have a phone, possibly even an American number, depending on whether or not we feel we need to get a vonage account. Also, if you have a computer, a camera and skype (or some form of skype), we can chat with you that way. Provided you don't mind being up at 3 am to talk to us...

Oh ya, and the last bunch of these pics are from Cave of the Mounds. It started with a dragged out less than interesting 20 min video, but after that, Ben thought the cave was pretty cool. He almost made it the whole way (impressive considering how often we stopped and the fact that he couldn't touch anything!). He broke down a little at the end though...the tour was just too slow. Overall he did excellent for a two year old!

No comments: