
I just watched a video someone posted on facebook about a dog that was hit by a car and then had a second dog come and pull him off the road.
I feel like the first dog.

I've been up at 3am or so for the past week. Cool, huh? Julia has been waking up at 3am and staying up for an hour or so before going back to sleep. Add in Ben waking up 1 or 2 times a night and you have yourself some sleep deprivation. I usually can't go back to sleep after being up so long, and Beth has been exhausted, so I try to make sure I catch Ben before he yells loud enough to wake her up.

This has been my first post in a while, and while I would have liked to post every day or so like I did with Ben, that hasn't been possible. Or every week. Or month. I think this is like my third post this year.

Like I said before, the pictures are on Beth's computer, so it's difficult for me to get them up there since I'm either with the kids or she's working on her computer. But hopefully I can get some added to this post later.

Far from being easier than residency, Beth's position thus far has been just as many hours as before. Except for the whole "time off for having a baby" thing. Which was nice. But now that she's back at it, it's been 7am to 6pm at a minimum, with her doing more work after the kids go to bed.

Ben started pre-school this fall and for the most part seems to like it. He's kind of a loner though since he's only 2 days a week and the other kids are 5 days a week. The other day I came to pick him up and saw him in the middle of the playground sitting on a saucer of some sort and attempting to put another saucer on his head. He was making a home.

Ben has been excellent with his new sister, giving her hugs and kisses and showing her things. But he's not dealing well with Beth going back to work or me having to devote time to Julia (feeding, diaper changes, getting her down for a nap). Luckily, the Duffy's take Julia for a few hours on Tuesday while Ben's at pre-school, which allows me to grocery shop, and they have Ben overnight on Wednesdays, which allows Beth and I to have some dinner together. Once Julia goes to sleep.

She may actually be teething, which Beth is not a fan of. It's tough to tell (Ben had a sore bottom and got fevers and had more obvious signs), but she's very fussy lately, especially around nap time when she used to just be sleepy, accompanied by sucking on her fists and drooling.

I'm also getting fatter again. Yippie. With Beth having to work so much, and me not getting any sleep, I don't have the time, and when I do have the time (4am or so), I'm not incredibly motivated, and a bit tired. Though if this keeps up, 4am will have to do. The gym we might sign up for does have childcare...but I'm just not sure how much I trust gym child care after watching Princeton Club's childcare workers at work. (We would be signing up for Harbor).

That's all for now, I'll get some pictures up when I can and post again...eventually.


3 comments:
Thanks Josh for taking time to write and put some pics up. My heart goes out to you. I wish that I could help you. I will be praying for you. Julia is adorable in the video and Ben is SO cute.
The good news is that when you get old like me, this will all be a very faded dream.
My love,
Mom
Hey Josh====wish I could help you too but as I say in my life---"this to shall pass" see you in nov.!
Hey - thanks for posting! I love seeing the faces Julia makes. And Ben is turning into such a little man! I hope I can see you guys on Sunday...I think mom was going to invite you for dinner. Love, Aunt Bridget
Post a Comment