Monday, September 22, 2008

Mommy-less

Ahhhhh!!! Beth is gone for 5 days!! The bedroom shot shows just how out of hand order becomes when the mommy of the house takes a trip to Boston for a national Rad Onc convention.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...Ben is learning how to go to sleep without being rocked or bounced (on the exercise ball). No one else we know of, except our friend Amy (pictured with her daughter Ella "reading" to Ben), has had any trouble going from rocking to sleep to just putting them down for a nap. However, Ben has been abnormal when it comes to sleep from day one. If you recall, we thought he might have a touch of the colic, so getting him to sleep has always been a real chore.
He's been crying less when I put him down, but the problem is, 2 times in the past 3 days I've put him down and had to listen to him cry only to find out later that 5-10 min after I put him down he had filled his pants. Poor guy had to cry himself to sleep in a puddle of his own feces. A disheartening problem, but one I'm not quite sure how to fix since coming in after 15 min makes him reach for you and cry even harder. Ah well. He'll get it eventually. Probably.
Anyway, to the relief of the entire Anderson family, Beth comes back Wednesday evening. C'mon Time!! Fly!!!!

No comments: