Friday, September 5, 2008

A Pensive 5 month old


While Ben continues to outgrow all of his clothes (he only fits into 12 month old stuff now), his mind is operating in an increasingly scientific direction. It's just the way we planned it! I love it when a plan comes together! (dunno where that's from? go catch up on your A-Team episodes!)

We've noticed that, though a lovely child, Ben dislikes many things. One is sleep. If I were to make Ben into a superhero, I would call him "Insomniac" and he would fight sleep on a nightly basis. Another thing he, I guess I wouldn't say dislikes, maybe, morally opposes, is smiling. He takes his learning about the world quite seriously and quite literally frowns upon attempts to get him to see the humor in things.

He also falls into a state of ennui on a daily basis. Despite my best efforts to entertain the lad, he starts to turn ornery if it doesn't meet his standards. Because of this, we've turned walks and excursions into daily activities. Usually a 30-40 minute walk in the morning and a trip somewhere in the afternoon. Today is the library, but we also visit Beth at work, have gone shopping and will probably end up going to the mall now and then just to walk around and look at stuff.



People keep trying to strike fear into us about our child becoming mobile, but we're lookin forward to it. The only downside is that it looks like it will happen over winter, and so we may be confined quite a bit to this tiny apartment. Ben is a lil ball of energy without being able to move, so I have a feeling this will be like trying to tether up a hurricane in the apartment...

No comments: