Of course, the communication thing is from my perspective. He might as well say I can't communicate. He jibbers, I jibber, and there just doesn't seem to be any connection. He'll learn to talk eventually, and like everything in life, there will be downsides to it, but it sure will be nice to hear, "I'm hungry".
Eating has been a problem lately too. He wants all finger foods now, but he can't get everything he needs from all finger foods...at least the ones he can physically eat. Oh, that and he doesn't like the feel of some of the foods, despite eating them in ground up form for the past few months. As a compromise, he gets a quarter of a grape, or cheese, or a cheerio (something he can pick up) and then a spoonfull of goodness (either veggies or a fruit/rice cereal combo). For the most part that works well, but every once in a while (usually as he gets more full), he politely says "no thanks" to the spoonfull of goodness, usually by slapping it up in the air or to the floor, and wants only the finger food. At which point mealtime ends.
Nap time is getting pretty fun too. That was sarcastic. We think he's moving from two 2 hour naps to 1 2.5 to 3 hour nap. But were not sure. Today's nap started just now though (11am) when it usually starts at 9 or 10. The "spring ahead" is part of that; it changed nap time to 9 or 10. We may just do 1 nap today to see how it works since this one is so late. Good news for the Duffy Grandparents who just got back from a vacation and want to see the lad!
Beth is finally getting some time to study at work, which means she has a little more time when she gets home at night, which is nice. Of course, all that really means is that we now go to bed at 8:30...
I am constantly being reminded how old I am while playing basketball and volleyball. I have been doing basketball all winter, but had a chance to play in a 4's v-ball tourney this past weekend with some great players. I did not play up to my skill level. Part of it was certainly rust, but I definitely felt the age playing a small factor. Much less than with basketball, but the fact that it can creep into the sport I'm really good at is disconcerting.
Well, within a year or two Beth will have an attending job and then maybe I can pick up a nice old person's game...like golf! No, really, warm up your putter marcia!
3 comments:
Ok,the putter is waiting! Mouse
Yes, we are joining the pro golf tour, as soon as we learn how to golf this summer.
I don't think you know what you're feeding your kid. If he were mine, I would feed him whatever Bob eats, make him big and strong.
Darn! Why do I feel left out? I don't golf and I certainly can never achieve a level of humor that you guys enjoy. Guess I'll just keep working on being a good grandma.
Grandma A
Post a Comment