It would seem we are raising a bully. A 16 month old bully who's prime targets are 4 to 6 year olds.

In order to explore this behavior we must travel back, all the way to last week, when Ben first gained an interest in the washing machine. For several weeks now he has been saying "Wah wah" for water. Now, I'm not exactly sure how it started, but somehow he learned that there is water in the washing machine, and not only that, but it does some very interesting stuff when first run (twisting the clothes back and forth in the water for instance).

Since then, he has become obsessed. When he wakes up, the first thing he says is "Wah wah!" and points the way to the washing machine. When Beth comes home from work, and here lies the heart of the matter, he says "Wah wah!" instead of Ma ma because he knows she'll start some wash up for him. It's gotten so bad that Beth went in to check on him while he was napping the other day and he muttered in his sleep, "wah wah..."
Now Beth has always given in to her little angel, but now she is being put to the test, and she's found that the angel may have some horns hidden under those golden locks.

He wants nothing else than to see the washing machine run, and so she did all the laundry we had over the weekend, but as everyone knows, when you give into a terrorist, they just want more. With me, he knows he can ask, but we ain't going near the washing machine. I now save all the wash for Beth because when he holds her neck while he watches the wash it's the closest thing she gets to snuggle time with him. That's why I don't do the wash. Honest. With Beth, if he asks, she'll bring him over. Every time. Until her arms fall off (he's getting quite heavy).

And if she doesn't, well, he's starting to learn how effective temper tantrums can be.
That leads us to playtime.
I've decided to wait till next post to show you, when I have a video and some more pictures as evidence, because I know most people won't believe me. So, until next time! (Next week maybe?)
No comments:
Post a Comment