Beth got a cold, which inspired Ben to get periorbital cellulitis, and me to get Beth's cold. Ben's problem was arguable the worst (though my cold set me back a bit as far as being in shape for basketball goes!).
After Ben's 9 month checkup (75 percentile height, 50 weight and 49 head...yes, he's got a pea head), at which our doctor told us he should be sleeping about 12 hours straight at night, Ben actually seemed to listen to the doctor and slept 12 hours straight 2 nights in a row! We were delighted. Of course, you can't have the good without a dash of the not-so-good mixed in. When he woke up after his second spectacular night of sleep, I noticed that his eyelid on his right eye was half way shut. I called the doctor and we went in that afternoon. He had no other symptoms until 11am when he developed a fever. Based on this, Dr. Hillary, with help from a specialist, decided it must be very early cellulitis and ordered Ben shot. Er, shots. A double dose of ouchy, one in each quad, which he took like a tiny man.
Anyway, Ben's been coming closer to talking (as you can see in the video, he discovered that he can be loud...luckily it only lasted a day). He's also quite close to walking, he's just got to take a couple mental steps first I think.
And I got basketball goin' 2 nights a week now. Oh, and I'm now over 200lbs. Been 190 for years, I hit 30 and BAM! start packin' it on. Ridiculous.
4 comments:
Ben is just the most beautiful child and does he have blue eyes??? Hope the eye is better---Mouse
Thanks Marsh, as of now, they are still blue, but in certain light they look hazel, it could go either way at this point. Yes, his eye got better the night after the double shot, we've had to give him the Augmentin though for the past 9 days just to make sure it was wiped out.
Okay, Josh, I have to confess.... once again, I have to limit myself on how many times I can watch that latest video each day. Sooo cute. Thanks for sharing it.
I agree with Grand-mo, excellent (but too short) video. I have watched it multiple times.
Grandma
Post a Comment