It's been over a week, like I knew it would be, and now I have too much and too little to say all at once.
I'll start with the blog program itself. They changed it. Now every time I press "enter" to go down a line, the cursor stays right where it's at, so I have to either mentally keep track of where it is or type something and erase it if I'm at the wrong line. Just annoying.
Also, Ben, much like the Egyptians, is taking it to the streets. He feels that a nap is unnecessary, and so during nap time he jumps around his room and puts his animals down for a nap instead. Oh he needs the nap, no doubt there, but he's just finding ways to stay awake. For instance, all last week, he pooped as a way of avoiding the nap. He knew that if he pooped, I'd change him, and if he did it again (which he did, twice a day for 5 days) I'd pretty much have to let him get up because of what time of day it was at that point.
Finally, 2 days ago, he had an early one at eleven or so, so I was able to get him down without having to worry too much about that. At which point he started his jumping routine. Which he did again today. I have decided that the best course of action is to strap him into bed with the blanket and let him know that there will be earth shattering ramifications should he get up. I believe the word that the Duffy's taught him is "calamity". Quite appropriate.
I've also got the first page of my children's book all sketched out. Now I need to figure out what to do. My plan is to scan it and color it on the computer. However, the scanner isn't taking it so well, so now I'm going to go get some tracing paper, trace it all in ink, and then scan it.
My concern is that I don't really know any of the process. I don't know what children's book publishers accept as an appropriate medium. Or what size the final product needs to be. Or anything.
I guess I'll have to try to contact a publisher, but in the meantime I've contacted an agent who I'm hoping can give me some answers.
Of course, there's also the quality concern. My mom walked by and said in all sincerety, "Oh, is that something Ben drew?"
Ben is at the drawing wobbly circles phase, so you can see how this would concern me.
1 comment:
HEYYYYYY...it was just a glance and after I commented I realized that Ben couldn't have drawn it...so there.
xxx
Mom A
Post a Comment