Saturday, January 29, 2011

s a tur day day day

Ben and I went swimming with my sister and her son Cayden this morning, so that was fun.  Beth slept.

Then Ben at lunch and took a nap.  Beth slept.

Beth and Ben woke up at about the same time, and Beth went into work.  She has to give the Monday morning conference, this will be the third week in a row.  Normally a new attending only has to do one every six months or something, so this is sucking for her.  This is now her 26th day in a row of working over 8 hours.  Rock on.  Even if she manages to finish tonight what she needs finished for Monday (odds are against her...), she still has to go in tomorrow to finish up a book chapter.

Ben and I went to visit Kelly, Sarah, Mason and Emmie.  Ben played cars and trains while Mason took his shirt off and Emmie took her pants off.  I may have missed some details, but that's the general impression I walked away with, so...


And now I, with no understanding whatsoever about what it's like to put the kind of work into life that Beth does, am going to play some sort of strategy game, read a bit, watch some tv and wait for Beth to come home.  Wish I could finish her book chapter for her, but I don't want the other doctors to think that she has the brain of an eight year old.

Also, in case your curious, though I'm not sure why you should be, I've started a second blog in order to write stories on it.  Short ones.  I figure I can practice writing every day, and if I ever get good at it, or come up with a decent idea...or write enough junk that someone wants to publish a very large book of very short stories, then I'll be all set.

Here's the link:  http://joshandersonstories.blogspot.com/

That's a public site, unlike this one, so anyone can find it and post on it, so if you get someone making a rude comment there in response to your sweet one...don't blame me, I warned you!

2 comments:

Grandmo said...

I know how you feel, wishing you could somehow help Beth with her workload. I'm so glad she can at least catch up a bit on sleep once in awhile. Thanks for making her world peaceful enough that she can do that.

Oh yeah, almost forgot..good luck on your second blog.

Anonymous said...

I too am happy that you can provide a nice space for Beth to come home too. She does need her rest - good job Josh. Your new blog with short stories - a little challenging for me...I'll take the children's stories any day :)

Mom A