Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Puddles in January

It's been warm!  Not unprecedentedly (I was gonna joke, "it's a word!", but it turns out spell checker didn't argue...so I guess it is a word...); I remember in college playing sand volleyball in just shorts one January.  Though not quite that warm, it's been pretty nice the past day or so.  Which means the snow has been melting.  Which means puddles.

Aww yeah.

Julia is too small for puddle boots, so I just put her snow boots on her.  We were gonna go on a longer walk, but Ben got a little overzealous with his puddle jumping and got soaked with freezing water, so we ended up heading home.  The timing was good though cause that was right about when Julia decided to grab something interesting in the puddle and got her mittens soaked.

But, as I'm writing this, we are back to good ol' January in Wisconsin.  The rain from last night is freezing over and the snow is coming down.  There's 3 to 6 inches predicted, but the road conditions seem ok.  So Beth is not closing the clinic, but instead headed out there with food, water and a blanket in the trunk.

We'll be in and out all day, prolly head to the gym for a bit too.  The kids love the snow, but can only stay out so long before they are cold and soaked.  In the in between times, Julia has started to really like playing with cars and trains.  So we might set up the train track for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben and Julia get along pretty well. It's fun to see them on a walk like this....providing precious memories. And yes....as I write this...here comes the snow!

Time for playing in the snow video.

Nana