One thing we've discovered is that Ben sleeps quite well after a walk. Unfortunately, that seems to mean that he misses a couple meals, and so when he wakes, it can take up to an hour of crying before we can get him settled enough to eat.
Another thing we've found is that Ben sleeps pretty well, or at least calms down a bit, when placed in a patch of sun. It also helps get rid of some of the yellow (jaundice) still present in his skin. Though he's doing a fine job of pooping as well (helps clear up jaundice by excreting bilirubin, which is found in red blood cells, it's a very common newborn thing to go through).
Benjamin also likes to sleep in a sitting position.
Finally, he likes to sleep on daddy or mommy, which is our last resort. But when mommy isn't getting much sleep, daddy does his best to be a nice warm pillow for our fussy lil fellow.
4 comments:
A few notes out of Uncle Jordan's baby care handbook.
Having previously been a professional babysitter in high school (including care of two infants), I believe I have the necessary experience to give you some helpful hints in caring for your child. (Nevermind that I was fired...)
In this particular instance of baby unrest, I've found that leaving the house, playing extremely loud music, or taking a nap yourself also alleviates the crying problem. Keep these things in mind, you'll get some much needed rest. Remember, think outside the box.
Hmmmmm, thanks man! We'll try the "leaving the house thing", that sounds promising!
I say---let him cry===good for the LUNGS!!!
Oh, the 'why-are-you-crying-your-life-aint-that-bad' paradox. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was doing that. Oh wait, that was tonight. Isn't amazing how quickly you forget the frustration once they calm down and eat/sleep/poop/look toward you? Fortunately, it does get better. Pretty quickly, too. I don't even have any tips... just hang in there.
Post a Comment