Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Awake and not crying?

As a warning, let me make the following disclaimer: Beth took this video.
Of course, it was her first time, so we can cut her some slack, but it's still funny!
Every once in a while Ben is awake without crying. I was hoping these moments would start to last longer, which I'm sure they will eventually, but it was something that happened only over the weekend apparently.
It was nice though, and I even caught something that looked suspiciously like a smile from him. I don't think it's actually possible at this moment in his life, but it did look like one.
Also over the weekend Ben lost his umbilical cord. Normally that doesn't happen for 10 to 14 days (his fell off around 6), proving once again that Ben is deciding to do things twice as quickly as everyone else. This makes his competitive father quite proud.
He's also been sleeping a bit better at night and in the crib, so both Beth and I have been able to get a reasonable amount of sleep at night, which is nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray! 3 cheers for more sleep!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable and all babies hiccough alot(thats what I hear!)---Should be walking at 6 months!!! Marcia

Anonymous said...

You know you've earned your nickname when you're whiter than the newborn baby...