Friday, December 17, 2010

Costly Nyon

Last night in Switzerland and six nights left till home!

We have an hour left of internet, so I’m typing this up ahead of time and hoping I have enough time to load all the pictures up, cause I have some good ones.

Thursday was very very cold and then it snowed. A lot. I would know; Ben didn’t sleep at all, so I was up every hour or so and it was a blizzard from 9pm till 4am. A rarity here in Nyon I’m told. Apparently they get snow on the other side of the mountain, but they haven’t had this much snow in a long time.

But Nyon, being a very hilly little town, and having a shore with some body of water or another, and having mountains on the other side of that water, yields some lovely pictures. I took way more than are up here, every time a cloud moved and the light changed I stopped Ben and took a picture.

Thursday was cold, but Friday was snow covered and fairly warm in comparison. And lemme tell you about that picture to the right, the merry-go-round. You sit on it and peddle to make it go! Now that's a worthwhile import!

We had an ok time overall. Again, I’m thankful we get this opportunity, most people don’t, but let me tell all of you that won’t get this opportunity: don’t cry yourself to sleep over it.

I keep expecting French food , and people, to be better, and despite what anyone might say, this town is French. French food though is consistently bland. And I’ll try to refrain from going into the negatives of most of the people, but I will say that the friendliness of every other neighboring country is a stark contrast.

One thing this town is, is expensive. Crazy expensive. Each of our meals, in the cheapest restaurants we could find, were $60 minimum. Ben and I spent $60 just having lunch today. A Royal Cheese (quarter pounder) at the McDonalds here is $7, just for the sandwich.

But, on the up-side…it’s almost time to come home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - I LOVE the picture of Ben looking out at the birds, what an awesome picture! The first picture is my second favorite but they are all good. Marcia thinks that you should write a book (and add your pictures) "Why I Hate Paris" :)
Counting down the days...I love you all....Mom/Nana

Josh Anderson said...

Thanks mom, and marsh,

I'd write a book, but I still have no idea what to write about. My success in college came from the fact that I wrote stuff that catered to what my professors wanted to hear...I have no idea what the general public wants to hear. And I'm not sure I'm qualified to talk about whatever that might be.

I like the last the first pictures too. The last is only a jpg though. It was the first I took I think and I have like 10 other in RAW, but they aren't quite as good.

Anonymous said...

I may be way off, but I don't think that you have to write to please anyone. Everyone that has read your blog thinks that you have talent and that many times your sarcasm is hilarious. I just think that you can be yourself and be truthful about what you thought about your 4 months in France. Of course there is no need for you to have to write, it's just several of us think that you have the talent to do so. Talk to you in person soon! Lots of love...Mom