Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Twofer

This is two posts in one, since I'm not sure I'll be able to post tonight.

Yesterday, Beth went to work and Ben and I stayed in. I figured Beth would be out early and we all could go downtown and get some food, so why go down there twice?

Ben and I played cars and then around lunch tried to find food nearby, because I don't trust hotels to tell me the truth. And they didn't.

Less than a block away there's a cafeteria for college students with some pretty decent food at a very good price; a discovery we will take advantage of today.

After that Ben napped for a long while and Beth came home as he was waking up.

Yet another stellar day for the guest doctor as they stuck her in an exam room for an hour and a half and gave her some slides to peruse while her hosts went to a meeting.

So we all went downtown for some food and carouseling. Beth, having 2 noses was put off by smells other human beings, who are not carrying additional human beings, would normally not notice. And the baby was sucking all the heat out of her.

So we watched Ben ride the carousel four times and then found an italian place again. This one was also quite good but for much less the cost.

The bus ride home...sucked. We got on the right bus, but it went to the bus transfer point and kicked us off. Apparently he was done for the night. So we stood in the cold for about 30 minutes waiting for another bus, which finally showed.

To top it all off, we barely slept because Ben had dropped his water and it somehow leaked, soaking him and his bed. So I put him in our bed, where he proceeded to be quiet, but not sleep for 2 hours or so. Finally, I made a new bed for him on the floor in a different spot consisting of towels and our comforter.

Today, we take a taxi ride to Brussels, a no-frills airline to Geneva (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCz8he36hsk), and then a train to the small town we are staying in just outside of Geneva. It's snowing at the moment, fairly hard, so prayer for our travel would be great!

Will write back as soon as I can to let ya know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH Ben! Good riding Ben!
What can one say about the rest of this blog except....I'm sorry!
Hang in there guys...count down to 8 days!!! Mom A