Friday, November 19, 2010

Caught in a French Web

Beth stayed home for a bit this morning because she had to call Geneva and set up a time for us to go visit them. We’ll be heading there the December 15th through the 17th. Or thereabouts.

We also looked into visiting Disneyland. Beth saw a sing for tickets for 30 Euros, so we checked online, but only saw tickets for 44 Euros. Then Beth told me that the French have deals for the French. Figures. We checked the French version of the Euro Disney site and sure enough, 30 Euros. The only problem is the website gave us an error when we tried to order. I’m guessing that either they are too lazy to finish the site or you have to be on a French computer. I think it’s possible to tell what kind of computer you are on or what version of windows, though I’m not sure how they would, so Beth’s gonna try to get the tickets from the computer she uses sometimes at work.

We also tried to get circus tickets. Once again, the French prowess with web design and making sure the customer can easily access what they need came into play. Beth is fairly laid back and doesn’t understand my frustration with many things quite often. This afternoon she was ready to punch the computer. I’m just gonna take Ben to the ticket booth sometime this week and see if we can buy tickets in person.

About 10, Beth made her call and headed off to work and we headed out to find a tripod for the camera. I looked up a place online that (hopefully) carried some. I discovered that tripods are expensive. Crazy expensive. I’m gonna have to look for one on Craigslist that can support the weight of my Nikon when I get back to the states.

So, we decided to just walk, I let Ben push the stroller, and look for anything interesting. We were halfway across a street when I saw a big church to the right. We turned that way and about halfway to it, I saw a park to the left. So we went there and Ben had fun while I struggled to keep from taking close up pictures of each of the 10 or so nannies who were standing around and not watching their small charges who were crying and climbing on a very dangerous play equipment and then posting their pictures on the American news. I really don’t think any of the French would care if I put it on their news.

It was freezing and none of the kids had gloves on. No matter how long I would stay in France, I don’t think I could get used to the apathy displayed towards kids in this country.

We headed home and found that Beth had come home early. Ben had lunch and went to bed and then Beth and I had lunch. After Ben’s nap, Ben watched a movie with Beth, cause his teeth were hurting and he was still kind of asleep, and then he and I headed to the grocery store while Beth worked some more.

After that, dinner, bath and bed.

I have some pictures, but I’ll have to post them tomorrow; everyone is sleeping and my camera is in the other room. I’ll post em on this same post, so check back if you’re interested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just can't wait to get you back in the states for Christmas---what will you do for thanksgiving?? I have never had a desire to see Paris and your blog confirms my thoughts on the city Love you--Mouse

Josh Anderson said...

Not sure about thanksgiving, we may head to cottage that the doctor Beth works for owns in southern France, but we'll see.

And again, Paris would be an ok stop if you don't come with a child and stay a short while. Just ignore the garbage and smoke.