Sunday, November 7, 2010

Louvre it and Leave it

On our way to the Louvre a car exploded in the middle of the street and a door flew our way forcing Beth and Ben's stroller to the ground I wrapped my arms around them both and was glad that I had watched so many action movies enough in fact that thought wasn't necessary I simply knew what had to be done in that particular and apparently common even in real life situation blowing my hair back the wind itself was scorching from the heat but we made it to our feet and got around the corner in time to avoid the ninjas who had dropped from the upper stories of the French apartments in an effort to hold back the horde of velociraptors that had broken free from the library books that had up until that point so easily contained them which of course is unfortunate because they completely tore apart the computer system that held records for who still needed to return books making it nearly impossible for the city to ever get precious third and fourth copies of Oprah's latest book list book back in time for the masses to digest it with their evening meals which occur promptly at 8 and consist mainly of things in shells or chicken or noodles but almost assuredly include ham oblivious to the fact that ninjas are fighting dinosaurs in the streets and cars are randomly exploding just to fill space in someone's blog because in fact and probably all too obviously nothing in fact happened that was worth writing about so the hero of this story comma me comma was forced to write like the wind in order to create an ambient word space that could properly contain pictures of this beauty and quantity not totally the truth however since I wrote much slower than the wind depending on how windy the day is that you are referring to although I see your point in that you didn't actually refer to any wind rather I was the one who brought it up in order to put your mind at ease that no car actually exploded because once I mentioned wind you thought back to when the imaginary car imaginarily exploded causing warm wind of a fictitious nature to but what does it matter if it's not real except for me to send you a link to what I was listening to before all this started because it's quite good music and has nothing at all to do with why I'm writing like this by the way here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fLQ9ATx7n8 what actually happened was that I realized how dull the past day and a half has been barring lack of sleep and Beth finally finishing her book chapter hoorah and then heading to the Louvre where Ben acted quite well and then we left and came home cleaned up had lunch and napped most of us all of us in fact except the few that are currently writing as much nonsense as they can to fill space for the pictures of pictures that are about to be placed on this page once I have satisfactorily excreted enough words to make a firm yet comfortable resting place which is exactly what your eyes are not getting at this point and I'm wondering why you are even continuing to read at all except maybe that you are just curious though kudos on your effort and sorry for wasting your time because there really is nothing to see here like I said in yesterday's post and you would be wise to follow yesterday's advice and just move along but since you're not allow me to continue with the car story the one that is most emphathetically not real once we were safely out of the way of the car and the ninjas and the dinosaurs we made our way down a street parallel to Opera street and arrived safely at the Louvre only to find that most of the workers and attendees had been transformed into zombies however since the French don't have a big meal until lunch time and that usually isn't until one we felt rather safe making our way though the painting area dodging discarded limbs and a few unwanted brains until we had seen most of everything in that wing and Ben requested to head home and so we did the end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH boy...my heart stopped after reading about the car exploding in the street. I kept reading because it was such confusing kind of interesting nonsense....thanks for the ride! You and Ben have the "let's make matching weird faces" down to a T. Ben's angry face is the most convincing angry face that I have ever seen on a 2 year old. Love, Mom/Nana (Beth does Josh always live in this make believe world???) :)

Jeremy said...

"You had me at car exploded."...."Type, Forrest, type!"...."Show me the Monet!"....Okay, those are the only movie quotes I can replace words to fit your entry. I'd say you could have written about half that and had enough for the pictures, but that would just be a waste by not fully utilizing your God-given abilities for our entertainment. Thanks!

Josh Anderson said...

2 out of 3 of those are from Jerry McGuire...have you been watching that lately (both very clever though...how's that working out for you, being clever?) =)

and you're welcome!

Anonymous said...

Haha...you even throw in some fight club in your comments...that was great....-bob