Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday

Hey! Ben slept though the night! I didn't!

I woke up several times, but the worst was at 2am. I woke up to the sound of a muffled drum beat. I looked out our window, but couldn't figure out where the music was coming from; there were no lights on in any of the other windows, but it sounded like it might have been coming from down by the garbage area.

Probably some teenagers having a party down in the garbage. If I could have been sure the noise was coming from down there, I would have considered emptying the clothes from my dresser and dropping it down (while at the same time trying not to wake Beth with the opening and closing of the drawers), but since I couldn't be sure...

I laid back down and pretended that I was able to sleep regardless of the music. It's fun to pretend.

After a little while the music stopped. That, or I actually pretended it away. I fell back asleep...I think. It was a weird sleep. I was either on the edge of awake, or I was dreaming that I was almost asleep until morning. Either way, it was a very tiresome sleep.

After Beth left for work, Ben and I had some fruit, then went to a bakery and brought home some pastries. I ate an apricot thingy and an apple thingy and part of a croissant and Ben ate most of the croissant. It was a good breakfast.

Then we headed to the Mall to go swimming. I had the computer this time, so I made sure of which metro stop to take and which way to walk. Instead of the hour long trip it's been the last two or three times, it was about 15 min total this time. Unfortunately, we were early, so we walked around the mall a little.

Something you usually don't see back home is pigeons in your mall. It's a closed in mall, but so many people go in and out, a couple must sneak in now and then. Ben and I thought it was interesting, so we followed one around as it looked for food. I was hoping he would head into one of the stores and make a ruckus, but he was a very well behaved pigeon. Too bad.

When the pool opened, we went in, but Ben got cold after about 20 min, so we left. It was a fun 20 min though!

Beth had to work late tonight and didn't get home until 7. I went to the grocery store at that point and made us some pesto noodles when I got back. Ben is just now going to sleep, so I hope he sleeps well and late.

Hope springs eternal, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an upbeat entry! You made a lot of lemonade with all those sleepy time lemons! Thanks for the smiles. I do hope that you and Beth get adequate rest (Ben too). Have a fun weekend.
xxx
Mom/Nana