I woke up at 3:45 and put Ben back to sleep for the third time. Then I did what any normal person would do in that situation; I went outside to run sprints.
Oh, you wouldn't do that? I wouldn't worry about it; it just means you're a little...off. Rest assured, everyone else reading this blog does that. I'm positive.
Ben was still sleeping when I came back this time so that was good. He woke up at 7 and had milk while we watched Finding Nemo. At this point, I was quite motivated to do something fun. Head to the park at Luxemburg or Monceau maybe. Possibly even swim.
I ate breakfast; he wasn't hungry. After, I played trains, and he started getting cranky, so I said, let's go somewhere. He threw a fit, which I ignored, but then he said he was hungry. Fine. Here's some food. Not that hungry. Gotta hug Little Dude before we go; ok, I'll get my socks on. Back to trains, daddy can you play with me just a little bit? Fine, five minutes, then we go. Afterwards, I'm hungry. Of course you are. Eats. Train time! Nope, now we go. More crying.
I decide to head to the Seine and just walk along it. A nice short trip, scenic and Ben can get some exercise pushing the stroller.
Luckily, I randomly picked an easy stop and it had a park right outside it, so we hit that up for a bit. After, we walked along the Seine and ran into the back of Notre Dame, which is a courtyard named Square Jean XXIII, and stopped to get some more pictures.
By then, Ben was hungry again, so we found a small cafe where I got a tasty cold sandwich (ham of course) and Ben got a double hotdog, the kind served in France where it's 2 hotdogs end to end in a baguette, covered with cheese, and then baked. A very good lunch.
(The second pic is one of Ben's many fake smiles. He's become rather rebellious when it comes to pictures and usually refuses to smile or look at the camera. Any good pictures you see are minor miracles.)
5 comments:
Now your stroller is stylin'. That French scarf footrest was just the fashion flare it needed. Very functional accessorizing.
Hey Josh, I signed up to play MSCR again this winter on Matt Wipperman's church team. And I'm not doing a lick of running (at 3:45 in the morning OR afternoon) to prepare. So that must mean I'm the one you are talking to and everyone else is doing sprints in the middle of the night. Bob, how's that going? Happy running all.
Ha. I just opened a(nother) piece of halloween candy for Joseph, this one a Laffy Taffy. It has riddles on the wrapper. The one on this package is: What is a parasite? The answer is (drumroll please)...................... Something you see in Paris. Yes, I thought you would appreciate that. Alright, I'll take my dry engineering humor and end for the night.
I can't believe the candy said that. That's hilarious. =)
Best picture of Ben? Last one - he has the most gorgeous eyes! He doesn't need to smile :) Reading about Ben's manipulative ways reminds me of some of the children that we encounter at weddings. Their behavior is far worse than Ben's (these last two kids were 7 and 9!) It's annoying that many parents think that their children's disrespectful behavior is cute. I'm pretty sure that the majority of these people are not French. xxx
votre mere
Post a Comment