Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Acclimatation Revisited

One of the cool things about the Jardin D'Acclimatation is that there are wild birds just walking around everywhere. Peacocks, peahens, turkeys, geese and some other ones we saw the first time, but I can't quite bring to mind. Apparently there were other animals like llamas and elephants wandering around at one point too.

The other cool thing about the Jardin is that during the Siege of Paris they cooked up all those wandering animals and ate them.

I was gonna find a site with the actual story and link it for you, but Beth needed to work tonight, so I'm just trying to get this post up. Also, every time I do a search, all the pages that come up are in French...so if anyone wants to help me out and send me a link with the history of the garden in English, it would be much appreciated.

We spent some time at the Jardin, but not much, we got a late start. Ben did get to climb on the coolest playground I've seen since I was a kid though.

We didn't go on it last time because it's for 6 to 12 year olds, but no one is around on a week day in Paris, because no one watches their own kid...good for us at any rate!

Ben had a blast and was able to do just about all the climbing and balancing activities intended for 6 year olds...though I'm sure most 3 year olds and some 2 year olds could have done the same.

After that, we headed home for lunch and a nap followed by trains in the sand at the church and apathetic nannies outside the playground force field.

I'd elaborate, but my batteries are running low. Beth may have to do this more often, so I may have to write more earlier in the day about less...but we'll see...

And that last pic is for Bob, if you're reading, Bob. He's an electrician. This was on a small closed door leading down to the subway and I'm just guessing here, but I think it may mean be careful of something or other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude that sign is great! Steal(read "borrow") it for me.. What's that called "spoils of war"? :). Hope your having fun man.. Move into the apartment friday.. Will have the computer setup this week.. -bob