Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR IT!
That was from Blues Brothers. In case you've lived in a movieless cave for the past 30 years or so.
The sentiment stands though...I didn't get a post up last night. Sorry. BUT! We put Ben to bed and Beth wanted to watch a movie (Quest for the Holy Grail! Who could say no to that!!??), so we watched a movie and ate some dessert (twix and chocolate croissant). Had some wine. Possibly a little more wine (I mean, c'mon, it's $3 wine that's comparable to our $12 wine in America!)
And then Beth wanted to go to sleep with the movie on, and my willpower was too low to contend.
Although, missing my blog was about the most interesting thing I could have written about yesterday. Ben and I went to the Monoprix (the only grocery store we know of...the one that's also a department store) and got some groceries in the morning. Then we came home, watched A Bug's Life (he's still getting over his cold, though he's almost better today) and he took a nap. He got up, we played cars. We played more cars. We then played some cars.
Beth came home, we had a thin steak, salad with tomatoes, mashed potatoes and some baguette.
Ben went to sleep. Yada yada yada, here we are.
So! Now you get two posts today, and the next one may be more interesting since Beth is home today due to a strike by the school workers and subway workers because the government is trying to raise retirement to 65 from 60.
Will post later tonight! Probably by 2 or 3 pm your time.
1 comment:
LOVED this entry! For old people like me you could have gotten by with the "excuses" as being your own; I forgot that they came from the Blues Brothers ! :) Happy that Ben went to bed early; happy that you and Beth had some special time together and very happy that Beth had a day off! Now...get back to playing cars will ya?
xxx Mom A
Post a Comment