A French word meaning boredom. A word that I'm assuming was first coined in Paris by whoever was taking care of their 2 year old on what was almost certainly a rainy day.
To be fair, there probably is something to do with a 2 year old on a rainy day in Paris...I just have no idea what that something might be. I'm guessing it's one of the many programs or shows they have for 2 year olds. That are all in French.
And why not? It's France, I don't blame em, but for visiting dignitaries, like us, it brings "watching paint dry" up to the level of "Kentucky Derby."
At home, I rarely, if ever, let Ben watch movies. We let him watch part of one now and then with Beth on the weekends so that she could have some snuggle time with him. Here, I'm hard pressed to find anything else we can do. Playing cars can only be done by a sane adult for a set number of hours. That number is one.
Sure I try to work in some learning. Ben, can you say "bonjour?" No, I won't say that word! Ben, let's do your flashcards! (alphabet cards) No, play cars! Ben, let's count how many cars are driving with Lightning McQueen! No, don't do that!
Oh, excuse me, you were looking for some sort of adventure story in this blog? An interesting tale of foreign lands perhaps? That's two blogs down, this is the tale of a long term stay in Paris with a very busy working mom and a stay at home dad who speaks no French.
Be thankful you're at home tonight! Go out and do something familiar for my sake!!
No comments:
Post a Comment