Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jardin de Swing Monopoly

We headed to the Jardin D'Acclimatation again today, and while we were there, I realized that this is the only place I've seen swings that I can recall. And it's $3.50 to get in each time. Talk about a racket!!

*Breaking News!* I'm about to head upstairs and throw down. The upstairs neighbors must work the night shift or something. Last night they were jacking up their arabian music until 3 am. I was about to head up there last night, but they shut it down at 3. They are playing it now and I'm very seriously considering using caveman speak to let them know "shhhhh, or else, woo woo woo woo woo" That second one is the police. It comes across better with the hand gestures and intonation.

While I work on calming myself, allow me to continue with our day.

We saw some cool minor construction going on at the Jardin. There was a mini excavator putting dirt in a very interesting mini dump truck. The driver of the dump truck sat behind the load of dirt.

We also saw some more of the free roaming birds today. The first was a duck with an afro. No joke, look at the picture!

The second was a...flock? of turkeys. Now I'm no expert, but I can tell when a male turkey is unhappy with people getting close to his family (or with the neighbors for blasting arabian music in the middle of the night). The picture shows the turkey starting to charge the little girl. I really thought she was about to lose an eye. The mom didn't seem too concerned however and the girl made it out of the way just in time. The turkey headed back to the mom who was looking through her bag for food to feed the turkey. He took charge and pecked the bag out of her hands. She laughed and said, shoo! And started looking through her other bag. I guess the woman knows her turkeys or something....

Beth's ankle is slowly recovering, but I'm thinking we'll stay around Paris this weekend. There's a Jardin festival of some sort where lots of cool stuff is supposed to be going on.

Beth's boss says we can use her vacation home in some small village somewhere in the south of France, so I think Beth's gonna take off a week and we'll head down there sometime. I'll keep ya posted.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Yo Josh - Those mini dump truck buggies are pretty cool. I've seen similar ones used on construction here, but they don't have the articulating ability (they can't bend in the middle, if my big word was not used correctly), I bet these would go over big around here... and I can almost picture you waving your finger in the air in a circular motion as you make the woo woo woo sound for your neighbors.

Josh Anderson said...

I was almost gonna write that those pics were mainly for you. I thought you might be interested in the articulated dump truck since I hadn't seen anything like that in the States. Not that I've seen it all, but having a 2 year old boy, I've seen enough construction to know it's rare!