...ain't for me. Don't get me wrong, this place would be awesome without a 2 year old. I would highly recommend Paris to anyone traveling without kids. However, it is not friendly for kids under 18, and that's an understatement.
I haven't been to many big cities, but I assume it's the same for most of them.
Most of the people seem to be in decent shape despite not working out, that I can tell. By in decent shape, I just mean not fat. I haven't seen hardly any ripped or really in shape people, but I have seen a lot of waifs, men as well as women. I attribute their lack of substance to a combination of cigarettes and the cost of food and or the ability to get it home.
Oh, and while I remember it, just so you know, I'm not replying to individuals in my posts, but I will respond to your comment in the same comment string. So check back to that comment string if you want to see if I replied. I usually will.
Of course, neither are we really.
The pics are of the church and some playing at the new playground for 2 to 5 year olds that's right in front of the church. You can see how packed it is at peak hours. Ridiculous. But when we went this morning, it was just a few kids, and I got to talk to a nice lady who lives in Paris. She's Italian, has a 2 and a 1/2 year old, Luca (born March 28th), is married to an Englishman and is a flight attendant for British airways. Ben and Luca played cars, while I received confirmation that there is nothing to do with a 2 year old in Paris.
Makes me wonder why anyone with a kid and a choice would stay here...
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about our situation...other than the lack of things to do for Ben, I'm just stating my observations. No one knows more than me how much we are supposed to be here. What God has wanted me to do throughout my life has often been hazy, and only really discovered after much searching. With Beth, God's plan is on a rail. First choice for internship and residency? Check. First choice for job. Check. Oh, and go to Paris while under contract to do the Fellowship you also had wanted to do? Check.
I think Beth's hard work has helped open all these doors of course, but there's never really been a question like, what should we do now? I've never experienced anything like it, and I have to say...it's nice! =)
5 comments:
Thanks for the long blog Josh. It really explains your situation. It's so wonderful knowing that you are such a great dad and no matter what; Ben will have fun because he's with you. You are such an awesome dad. I love the pic of Ben on the slide :) By the way; your new nephew is beautiful! I love you all,
Mom/Grandma A
Josh,have you considered writing a book?? You write so well and so funny too. Do a non-fiction and tell it like it is--what ever topic you choose you will do well.
Keep up the blog---really love it. Mouse
Thanks Mouse,
Would love to...but I've never found anything that I'm very interested in writing about. Maybe I'll try turning the blog into a book...if I can figure out any good purpose for it...
dude, from my observation of sight seeing in europe, kids don't seem to be a problem for anyone elsea. get a kid backpack, throw the kid in, start walking around during the day. let him walk if he wants. there are plenty of kid friendly museums to walk around in, not to mention unlimited sights to see. stop making excuses, just go
Jo-I've explained extensively in my posts why I ain't gonna do that. But, to sum up. Other people are here for a week tops. Draggin Ben around for a just a week wouldn't be a horrible thing. We're here for 4 months. Kids gots to play. Not to mention, if other people want to be self centered morons and care more about what they want to see and not at all about the welfare of their child, who am I to stop em? In all your travels you've seen plenty of kids I'm sure. Did you follow them around? Did you see how they do after 2 hours? 4 hours? Seeing people with kids and taking a 2 year old with you all day long are just slightly different things...
Post a Comment