It's funny how sometimes the situations you find yourself in are not at all situations you would expect your future self to be in.
For instance, a year ago, if you would have told me that I would be standing in a kitchen in France writing a blog post at 5 am, I'm not completely sure I would have believed you.
I suppose I wouldn't believe that just the day before I had eaten a horse hamburger either.
And there's no way I would have believed Beth would also have eaten a horse hamburger.
But we did! On accident! With a fried egg on top! A horse is a horse, the main course of course!
Ben had what was arguably the best thing on the menu. A hotdog! But this was a fancy hotdog. It was two hotdogs in two buns, end to end, with cheese (a mix of parmesian and something?) melted over the whole thing and the bun nice and toasty. I only got to clean up a little of it (he ate almost all of it, bun and all!), but it was quite good.
After he finished, I took Ben home so he could nap. Beth's friends went to their apartment to settle in and get ready to go out; they had just arrived that morning and couldn't get into their apartment till about 2.
They got a hold of us around 5 and we headed over to their place. They rented a 3 bedroom and wow. It's like a mansion. And they have stand up showers! I'm hoping they make us a duplicate key before they leave. I'm sure the next tenants won't mind me stopping in to shower now and then.
Today, the plan is to meet up with them this morning and try to get them in to the Louvre with our stroller...us too of course. Even if the stroller doesn't work, if we can get there by 9, when it opens, they should be able to get in without waiting too long. We'll see though, they were still heading out when we left last night and they have jet lag to deal with. 9 am may be a bit of wishful thinking...
1 comment:
Post a Comment