If you've been reading this whole time, you might get the impression that we drink a lot of wine. You're right. It's far cheaper than any drink here...and tasty.
But enough wining! (that was some lowbrow engineer punning for Jeremy if he's reading...)
We started the day with bugs. A Bug's Life of Course. Beth and Ben watched that while I worked through the end of C.S. Lewis' Screwtape Proposes a Toast and Miracles.
Came home for lunch and a nap.
Ben woke up, we played dinosaurs, then headed to the Seine to wander.
And found Notre Dame! Who knew?
I would have liked to venture in, but the line was too long...after all, nothing else is open in Paris on Sunday except tourist attractions. Ben and I will try to check it out on the next rainy day.
We then walked along the side of the church and found a little..."playground"...consisting of 4 springy toys. That, combined with the dad this morning at the other park reading the paper while his 1 year old sat in a stroller and his 5 year old threw sticks at a pigeon, most likely after the guy has had his kids with a nanny all week (conjecture, but very very common practice in Paris), I really wonder how kids in Paris manage to grow up at all.
Anyway, Ben bonked his head on the springy toy, so we went home. That was bad handling of a springy toy, it was not bad parenting! I swear it!!
Steak and potatoes for dinner. I fried the steak in olive oil and red wine, but I now know I have to just sear these thin French steaks or they get overdone way too fast.
Oh ya, and don't forget we had wine!
4 comments:
Hey, I love the idea of stick trains driving on sand tracks..... that imaginary world can be amazing. (Maybe you can find a cylinder of some type to make a smash-proof tunnel.)
Looks like you had a great weekend. Great update.
I love all the detail in your comments and the pictures, especially the last one of you and Ben in from of the church (great job Beth). I hope you guys don't turn into wine-a-holics! :) I agree with grandmo - good idea to find a smash proof tunnel - maybe a pvc pipe? They must have hardware stores. xxx
Mom A
I love lowbrow engineer punning! Just as an aside... did you happen to see any hunchbacks while roaming the grounds of ND?
Only me with my backpack J. ;)
Post a Comment