Saturday, September 4, 2010

Le Jardin D'Acclimatation


Luh zharden dah-clee-mah-tah-see-yone

That was our destination today. A good day to try one of the sights of Paris since Beth was home and could show us the ropes for the subway. It isn't too hard luckily, so I think Ben and I will try it out at least once a week. He loves the train.

Le Jardin (the Garden. Duh.) is just outside of the Paris city limits, though you couldn't really tell if you were just walking there from where we are. It's a very large green area where I actually saw people jogging and kids riding bikes. So I guess the rest of France is normal, it's just Paris that's weird. Again, that probably goes for all big cities. And don't take it personally, I'm not trying to be selective here...if you live in any big city, I dislike your city as well.

Le Jardin is like a combination of parts of Little Amerika, Disney world, any park near you, the zoo and a Macy's catalog. There's lot of things to see and do and many of the people are doing it in style.

For instance, there were several ladies pushing their children on the swings while sporting fancy going out on the town dresses, classy eyewear and 5 inch heels. (Oh don't worry, the little guys were all dressed up too)

Now, Ben is only two, so it's understandable that he's a little scared of some of the rides...but c'mon buddy, all of em!? There were many two year olds on the rides that were having a blast, so I am a bit disappointed in Ben's sense of adventure. I've posted pics of some of the fun rides Ben decided not to ride on. You'll notice he's not in any of those pictures.

As our routine gets set, you'll see less pics, and possibly less writing (don't worry, I promised to write every day....one word counts, right?), but there's still several one-time events we have planned such as the aquarium and a castle, so they'll still be pics for a while yet I'm guessing.

Oh, and I had one of the "good" crepes today; one from a cafe and not a street vendor. Worthless! The crepe itself was a little better maybe, but instead of fresh strawberries, it just had strawberry jam. The street crepes go for 3 euros, that one cost me 5. Street crepes don't have strawberry as an option (sugar, lemon flavor stuff, nutella (a very very popular chocolate type spread-like it's available everywhere and on everything here) and some meat and cheese options are what's at the street guy's stand), but who really wants jam on their crepe anyway??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Le Jardin looks like a great place! Maybe at the end of 4 months when you are ready to go home, Ben will want to go on some rides :)

Love, Mom A