1. Decide what a believable time range for your delivery is. Add 2 hours. Tell the people you are delivering the item to that they have to wait at their home during that entire time span or they may never ever get their item.
2. Don't show up until the last minute.
So they told us sometime between 8am and 1pm they'd show up and deliver our washer. They came at 12:40.
Here's to you, show up whenever I feel like it delivery man, the world may not revolve around you, but you can make 1 person feel like it does. (You remember those beer commercials?)
Ben took a nap at 1, after hours of Cars/A Bug's Life/plastic animal make believe.
When he woke up I decided we needed to find a toy train. It's becoming my white whale.
We headed to a toy store (Au Nain Bleu), supposedly one of the most famous in Paris, that wasn't too far away. I knew it had some high end items, but it was supposed to have some low priced toys as well.
Nope!
I knew we weren't in a good toy store when Ben and I walked in and they glared at Ben. Children not welcome in a toy store? Wrong store I'm thinking.
We looked around and saw some cool rocking horses. A rocking lion. A tea set with ceramic croissants and chocolate croissants. Many cars. And finally...a train. Oh ya, a $55 train. One of those Brio wooden trains, and that was just for the engine. Each piece cost that much.
Mercy. Au revoir.
So we headed home. We stopped to take that top pic. Even the clothing stores look like castles. Also, this particular one, Printemps (spring), had some pretty funny advertising. The windows in the sidewalk showcased purses, apparently the new trend is New York style purses. So the speakers above each window had teenage girls voices saying different "American" things. Such as, I want a hotdog, let's go get a hotdog! And, cab driver, I want to go to the dopest stores and buy the dopest things!
I chuckled.
We then headed to the park, just in time for the nanny invasion, so Ben stood at my feet for 30 minutes while kids swarmed the playground like army ants. Then we left for home.
We had chicken burritos for dinner tonight, not good. That effectively ended our attempt for variety in France. It's ok with me though, I like cheese and bread along with plain chicken and steak. Beth has it a little tougher cause she gets pretty much the same thing over and over again for lunch at the hospital.
Hopefully we'll be able to work in some restaurants or cafe's here and there to liven it up.
2 comments:
Hopefully, this will be one of your worst days! It sure didn't sound fun to me although I think that you tried to put a positive spin on it. Poor Ben...(and poor you); there has got to be a plan ole cheap train somewhere! Hopefully you food will get better too. But...yeah for the wash machine coming! I have waited for more hours and then they didn't come at all :( CUTE pic of Ben -
Love and miss you - Mom/Nana
Oh my goodness, how could anyone glare at a little cutie like Ben?
Post a Comment