Monday, October 18, 2010

Back to work (& More vacation pics I didn't get a chance to post)

So, we had an idea about what was going on in France, after all the strikes somewhat slow down Beth's ability to get to work.

And yet.

It also turns out we had no idea. Here's what's going on: http://www.france24.com/en/20101018-france-high-school-students-against-police-during-anti-reform-protests-retirement-strike-sarkozy-violence

I didn't know that until just now when I checked to see how the strikes were going, but we didn't travel much today anyway. Played trains and did laundry all morning and then went grocery shopping and to the park this afternoon.

The disconcerting thing is the fact that flights have to be canceled because of this. The bill is supposed to be voted on Wednesday, but who knows how long this could last. I'm not up on my French government, so I don't really know how these things typically work.

On a positive note, we're going to the circus! Not for a while mind you (Nov 20th I think), but still...the circus! It's a Christmas circus too, and we're gonna spring for front row seats since it's probably the only French circus we're gonna go to. There's gonna be all sorts of animals, normal circus stuff, and an orchestra, so it should be pretty cool.

At the moment, still probably gonna use the metro tomorrow. Worst case scenario it's just slow, but we'll see. Most likely we'll head back to Monceau since it was a pretty cool park.

No comments: