Today Ben and I headed to Tuillerie to read some stories. It's a long walk, but I figure it's pretty much the only exercise I'm getting, so why not.
Ben wanted to sit near the fountain, so we did. But it was cold, so he sat on my lap and snuggled up to my neck. He said he didn't want gloves on, so I had him cross his arms and put his left hand in my right sweatshirt sleeve and his right in my left.
A gypsy came up and asked if I spoke English, I was reading to Ben, so I said, "Nope" without looking up. She went away.
The end.
Or, it would have been had I posted this just after lunch like I had planned.
After Ben's nap, we headed out to do some shopping. We ran smack dab into a parade.
So, I guess it was just a parade without clowns or floats. But it was loud and colorful and there were riot police everywhere, so it was still interesting.
It looked like it was dying down at that point, so when I headed out to the grocery store I almost didn't take my camera, but Beth told me to take it just in case. Good thing! That's when I got all these pictures.
And!
As a bonus, at the grocery store, as I was on my way to the checkout line, 2 teenage girls came running down the aisle next to me. I thought, that's odd, there's no runn... and my thought was interrupted by 3 more girls running after them. One of the latter girls caught one of the former girls by the hair and an all-out cat fight proceeded. I didn't think I had time to get my camera out, but since no one was doing anything about it, I put my groceries down, got out my camera and took a few shots. There was just hair pulling, so I couldn't help but smile at the silliness of the situation.
I paid and went out of the store, only to find the three girls waiting for me.
They came up to me and the taller black girl (about 5'10", 115 lbs) got up in my face and said something about video. I said, je ne parle pas Francais (I don't speak French), with a big smile on my face. I almost laughed out loud. My hands were full of groceries, I had a backpack on full of soda, and all three of those girls couldn't have even knocked me over if they had attacked me all at once. I believe these are the kids from the sandbox, twelve years later.
I started to walk away and the girl tried to get in front of me. Her friend, having some sense (maybe, not sure of any of their thought processes), held her back, as if not for her, the black girl would have torn me to pieces. Honest, I nearly lost it as I walked away. People must have thought I was nuts the way I was smiling.
Now that's a day!
4 comments:
LOL, @ grocery store incident. Wow!
Joshe Joshe!!! Good thing you have short hair!!! Mouse
Hahahaha! french teenagers not use to people standing up to them.. American adult 1, french kids 0!!! Nice work.. America is proud of u. -Bob
You should paint your face black, and walk around in a lab coat plastered with stickers. I bet that would keep the teen girls from confronting you.
Post a Comment