It was ok, the Champagne, the Bordeaux is always good, but I don't mind telling you that I'm not a Champagne expert, though I could possibly be considered a wine connoisseur at this point.
And as my shame struggles valiantly to cripple my pride with a baseball bat to the knees, I relate to you that we weren't even all that intoxicated. I believe I have graduated from ultra lightweight, to lightweight.
Today, Ben and I headed back to Le Jardin D'Acclimatation. We hit the swings, of course. Unfortunately they hit back this time.
Luckily, he was at his nearest point to the ground and fell right on his back. It may sound bad, but trust me, I could write a book on falling, and in this particular instance, this was the best way to land.
Little bite to the lip, but the blood dried up pretty quick and he was ready "go see more stuff" after about 5 min.
We checked out the Gymboree that was right there too and picked up some literature. They are all around the states too, but in the states, there's plenty to do and kids to meet at most parks, so I never really considered going to the Gymboree.
After that we found the mirrors. I had passed by them before, but being bored, we thought we'd check em out. Most were kinda weak, but a couple had some good distortion. Unfortunately, almost all of them were made for people about 5'7", so kids got almost no distortion on any one of the mirrors. Kinda dumb.
After that we headed to the 6 to 12 year old playground (pictured on our second trip there I think). Ben made it across the pictured logs all by himself. Walking. I was right there in case he slipped, but I just told him to keep his arms out and he made it first across the short one, climbed up and did the long one, with no breaks, all by himself. I think he's been sneaking in youtube videos of Mary Lou Retton when I'm doing the dishes...
I also threw in some pictures of a weird tree there. It's like a coniferous palm tree or something. Very odd. They also have palm trees at various locations in Paris, which I also find weird.
Can you picture a turkey the size of an elephant bobbing it's way toward you? Yikes.
3 comments:
The last picture is great but what is behind you??? Are you in a hut of some sort?
I love all of the pictures (although admittedly the last one is the best -CUTE, CUTE, CUTE). You took a really great picture of the "pine cones"? on the tree - very artistic. It sounds like a very fun day. Looking forward to the entries entailing Ben's sessions at the French Gymboree :) With love and lots of I miss you's...Mom/Nana (I'm sort of getting over thinking that you and Ben are going to "pop over" during the day. I kept listening for you the last few weeks.)
Joshe----once again---so enjoyable====really love all the pictures. Those turkeys ARE HUGE!!! Mouse
Post a Comment