Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Price is Right

Today, we shopped.

We started by heading out for shoes for me. On the way we stopped and checked out sales at Gap, baby Gap and Gallery's Lafayette. Beth wants some boots, and Gallery's has a whole floor devoted to shoes, so naturally we took a look.

What a joke!

Maybe it's because all the tourists head there. Maybe it's because the shoes really are that amazing. Like they make you breakfast and give you a message amazing. But I cannot even imagine what I would do with $1000 boots. Being that they are ladies boots it makes it even harder to imagine. I should have had Beth try them on just too find out if they are filled with clouds or rainbows or something.

For my shoes, we went to the athletic store that I got my swim spandex at. Naturally Beth wanted to get me a speedo there. And she did. There is now no more to be said on that subject.

They have a large selection of running/tennis/whatever shoes. If you have feet smaller than 12.5. Which I don't. So I was relegated to their tiny section of larger all white running shoes for 14 euros a piece. At least they're cheap!

In all, I got 6 pairs of socks, 2 shirts, 2 pairs of running shorts and shoes *cough* and a bikini speedo *cough cough* for under $60. So not too bad!

No nap for Ben, so instead, we spent money!

Beth found a car seat for Ben on Craig's List, or something like it, and we headed out to purchase it from Safia for 30 euros. She was a bit late, but we got it!

So now we can head out to Normandy, where I believe there was a recent chemical spill, and enjoy a little weekend vacation sometime!

We ended our day of consuming by buying some groceries and some Pizza Hut. French Pizza Hut, so it's ok if Beth wants it once a week...right?

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Oh, but there is SOOOOO much more to be said...

Josh Anderson said...

But nothing whatsoever to look at. Picture-wise.