Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Gym time and Travel Plans?

Ben and I went to Gymboree this morning to check it out and see if we wanted to make it a regular part of our Wednesdays.

The instructor spoke English as well as French, so that was helpful. He started by asking the kids what certain pictures are, and if they were small or big. Ben did very well. Of course, he really had no one he had to beat to the answer since all the other kids spoke French.

Then there was free play and he got to climb on all the cool equipment they had there. After that, we played a game where the parents were the giants and the kids were "little boys" and the parents started at one end of the room and on 3, they chased the little kids and caught them. Most of the kids were a little terrified. Ben saw me coming for him, and though we play this game, I think a whole herd of adults coming his way was cause for a bit of concern.

After that we did a couple little songs. In French of course. But Ben got to do the motions like clapping and tapping and such, so it was ok. Then they sat all the kids (about 7 2-3 year olds) in the middle of this parachute and the parents sang a song (not me!) and made waves, big and small. This scared the crud out of most of the kids. Ben included.

After that, we held the parachute and turned it around as we walked in a circle, like a merry-go-round, which most of the kids were ok with, and maybe a little confused at.

Then, all the kids lay on the floor looking up and we had the parachute go up and down above them, which I figured would be really neat, but Ben was not a big fan of.

Overall I think Ben had fun, and it helps him to get used to participating with other kids. We'll probably pay the money and do it every Wednesday.

At the moment, my main concern is trying to find somewhere to go for this weekend. And trying to get myself to want to go there.

It's fun to travel and then come back somewhere you know. When you've been away a month, and then travel somewhere, only to come back to that first place of travel, it's not exactly relaxing.

I'm thinking maybe we'll go visit a couple villages in the Brittany area of France (North-West region of France along the coast).

At least that way Beth can talk to the people and we can see the ocean and have a somewhat more comfortable mini-vacation.

I'll let ya know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that Ben does go to the Gymboree - most likely he would have fun. Your travel plans sound wonderful! I hope that it all works out. It was great fun seeing and talking to all of you yesterday. Ben is cuter than ever! xxx
Mom/Nana