Not much done today.
The Duffy's package hasn't arrived yet, and coincidentally, I saw on the news that there was a suspicious package at one of the airports that was holding a lot of mail up. Apparently the package was covered in smiley face stickers.
Kidding, Gale!
Though there was a package at an airport holding stuff up, so either someone else's bomb is slowing down our package...or they really were suspicious of all the smiley face stickers. ;)
I have another contest for those interested in helping us find entertainment.
Beth and I like to watch movies at night before bed when we have the time, but we've watched our DVD's to death (I have Juno memorized in it's entirety). Unfortunately, hulu doesn't work internationally (it gets one show, some stupid hollywood reality show), and most other movie sites don't work internationally either. It doesn't even need to be free, but we tried Netflix and they don't do international either.
There are a few that I've found, but they are the free ones, and they are only allowed to play movies that have had their copyright expire. Last night we watched Laurel and Hardy because it was one of the most recent films available. Not bad, I like Laurel and Hardy, but hardly up to the par with more recent comedic efforts by the Hollywood community.
There are plenty of foreign films available from a little more recently, but we're not huge drama fans (unless a really good one is recommended, I hate sifting through all the junk in between), and foreign comedies have yet to be invented. Action movies have potential I suppose, but like the drama movies, I'd rather have one recommended to me.
So, if you get the chance, see if you can find us an online international movie provider. Fee's are fine, and maybe even better so we don't have to be concerned about the safety of the site, as long as the fee gets me last year's movies from America at the very least.
I'll keep looking in the meantime.
(Ps, rentals are fine too if they're cheap. I think itunes does it, but there's a problem that made us hesitant to use it...like it's too expensive for a one time rental or once you start watching it, you have to finish it within 24 hours, not always possible for us since Beth's work hours are so unpredictable)
1 comment:
http://ww/w.graboid.com/
Josh check into this one, my husband and I have been downloading a lot of shows through this site (graboid.com) Also Amazon.com you can download all sorts of movies, I'm not sure if you tried that. Youtube has a variety of tv shows you can watch in 3 parts and some movies available. We use Netflix too and love it, to bad it's not available there, and we are familiar with Hulu, but as far as movies they don't have that much to choose from in the way of "great movies". Good luck! :)
Post a Comment